FFT Aspire provides Users in Local Authorities, schools, Academy Chains, Diocesan Groups, Consortia and Governors with information and analyses to improve both pupil outcomes and school performance. These analyses include the provision of future estimates for pupil attainment (for target setting) and analyses of school performance (for school self-evaluation of past performance).
The User is permitted to use FFT Aspire (including any FFT Data and FFT Materials) for educational purposes within your institution to improve both pupil outcomes and school performance, but specifically excluding the use of FFT Aspire (including any FFT Data and Materials) for any commercial purposes.
Operating System Requirements
To use FFT Aspire, the User requires a computer (with Microsoft Windows or Apple OS X) or tablet device (with Apple iOS, Android or Windows) which is connected to the internet and running a supported web browser (Internet Explorer 8 or above, Chrome, Safari or Firefox).
Use of and Access to FFT Aspire
The User shall:
- only make copies the FFT Data and the Materials in FFT Aspire to the extent reasonably necessary for the following purposes: back-up, mirroring (and similar availability enhancement techniques), security, disaster recovery and testing;
- not use FFT Aspire for any purpose contrary to any law or regulation or any regulatory code, guidance or request;
- not extract, reutilise, use, exploit, redistribute, redisseminate, copy or store FFT Aspire (including FFT Data and/or Materials) for commercial purposes;
- not copy, modify, decompile, reverse engineer or create derivative works from FFT Aspire, except to the extent permitted by any applicable law;
- not do anything that may damage the reputation of FFT, including using FFT Aspire (including FFT Data and Materials) in any manner that is pornographic, racist or that incites religious hatred or violence; and
- not use FFT Aspire (including FFT Data and Materials) in any way contrary to any law or regulation or any regulatory code, guidance or request, including the Data Protection Act 1998, regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, and guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
The User shall ensure that FFT Aspire (including FFT Data and Materials) is kept secure by using the Security Features provided by FFT and the best available security practices and systems applicable. Where FFT uses Security Features in relation to FFT Aspire, the Security Features must be kept confidential and not lent, shared, transferred or otherwise misused.
If the User becomes aware of any misuse of FFT Aspire or any Security Breach that could compromise the security or integrity of FFT Aspire, the User must promptly notify FFT and fully co-operate with FFT to remedy the issue as soon as reasonably practicable. The User agrees to co-operate with FFT's reasonable security investigations. Immediately following any Security Breach, the parties shall coordinate with each other to investigate the Security Breach. The User agrees to reasonably co-operate with FFT in FFT's handling of the matter.
Personal and Confidential Data
The User agrees that they
- are informed of the confidential nature of the data in FFT Aspire;
- have undertaken training in the laws relating to handling personal data, in particular (but without prejudice to the generality), sufficient training in data protection and security to enable the User to comply with Principle 7 of the Data Protection Act, and are aware both of their personal duties and obligations under such laws;
- will only use FFT Aspire (including FFT Data and Materials) for the Permitted Use and for purposes strictly necessary for performance of their duties; and
- will notify FFT immediately if they become aware of any advance in technology and/or methods of working that mean that the security measures set out in referred to should be revised.